A Blog by the Editor of The Middle East Journal

Putting Middle Eastern Events in Cultural and Historical Context

Friday, July 10, 2009

Greetings to New Readers

This is proving to be a very busy week for the blog, mostly apparently due to my post on Marwa al-Sherbini the other day. On Wednesday I had a total of 334 page views, 310 of them to that specific story, which as of last night had had a total of 880 page views. Small potatoes for the big guys, I'm sure, but gratifying to a still relatively new blogger. And I thank both The Arabist and Marc Lynch for links that are bringing people here. Also my RSS subscriptions are increasing.

So I thought I should welcome any new visitors by suggesting you look around the archive a bit; the blog started in January, and I explained who I am back then; we've covered a wide range of topics and I'd urge you to browse around and come back often. In fact, I see that my post count shows 399 right now, so my traditional Friday afternoon "weekend reading" post will also be my 400th.

3 comments:

Jdex said...

I became a new reader in March. Keep up the good work, sir.

Michael Collins Dunn said...

Thanks. Trying to.

Egyptian Obama said...

All these issues and more I wrote about it + the thid war in a book in 2006 " BEARDED FASCISTS .. ISLAM IS NOT THE TERRISOM BUT SEARCH FOR BEARDED FASCISTS >> THEY'LL BE READY TO DESTROY YOU "

http://bfascist.blogspot.com/