A Blog by the Editor of The Middle East Journal

Putting Middle Eastern Events in Cultural and Historical Context

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Expanding the Blogroll

Recently both Arabic Media Shack and The Arabist have noted a relatively new blog from Cairo, The Boursa Exchange. It seems a rather eclectic blog with interest in Arabic language issues, politics, music and other things. I've added it to the Blogroll, along with Menassat and some other sites I've linked to recently, notably Bikya Masr and Iskandarani Misri. I'll continue to expand the blogroll as I can.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Most of your Blogging you people about Egypt. Why do you call your Blogs ME or Arabist ... etc..

Michael Collins Dunn said...

I think a look through my archive shows posts on everything from Morocco to Kyrgyzstan. Why so much about Egypt? I blog what I know, and Misr Umm al-Dunya. The Arabist is responsible for his own name; I'm the Middle East Institute Blog because MEI covers the whole region. I don't claim expertise everywhere myself, though.